We may update our Policy periodically to reflect new uses, rules, regulations, or technologies that impact your privacy. If there are changes or additions to this Policy, we will post those changes here or in other formats for you to review. Changes to this Policy will apply to the information collected from the date we post the revised Policy as well as to existing information held by us. If we change our information practices or this Policy in such a way that your personal information may be used or shared in a manner not described in the Policy at the time you provided it, you may provide us notice (see the section below “Contact Us”) that you would not like your information used or shared in that new manner. However, your continued use of our Site will be deemed your agreement that your information may be used in accordance with the new policy and procedures. This Policy will be continuously assessed against new technologies and business practices. We recommend that you review our Policy on a routine basis to view any changes.
In order to deliver personalized and relevant information to you through our Site, we collect and use certain information from our users in accordance with this Policy. Please do not provide any sensitive information or health information. If you should do so inadvertently, we will use and disclose that information in the same manner as other information you provide to us.
While We strive to materially comply with all federal, state, and local laws, You are personally responsible for ensuring that Your use of the Our Service complies with all laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside.
Registration and Profile Information
We may ask that you provide personal information when you use the services, such as by registering on our site, joining our mailing list, participating in our mentoring events or, corresponding with us or engaging on any of our social media platforms including Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter or YouTube.
Information may include, but not limited to:
Contact information (i.e. first and last name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, username and password, photo, emergency contact information)
Demographic information (i.e. DOB, gender, race/ethnicity, citizenship, dietary information, disability information)
Education and career background (i.e. school, academic history, transcripts, enrollment verification, GPA, career status, job title, company information, work history, interest, hobbies, affiliations and other pertinent information)
Transaction information (i.e. account name, credit card number and expiration date) which is used for billing purposes only, and is not otherwise shared, except with a reputable third party processing vendor when you purchase a product or service from us or make a donation, whether on our site, applications, or through our third-party vendors
Request for Service form features through which you may submit information to us. Under some circumstances, we may retain e-mails and other information sent to us for our internal administrative purposes, and to help us better serve customers
Surveys: If you choose to participate in a survey you may be asked to provide information, including contact information and demographic information.
Information you provide in public forums on our sites and applications Information you provide when you use our sites and applications, our applications on third-party sites or platforms such as social networking sites, or link your profile on a third-party site.
Location information when you visit our site or use our applications, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our site, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms or open emails we send Information we may receive from third parties.
For example, we may collect information about you from social media sites. If you access our website or services through a third-party connection or log-in, for example, through Facebook Connect, or by “following,” or “liking,” Real Mentors Network, or sharing your activities on our site on social media, etc., that third party may pass certain information about your use of its service to Real Mentors Network. This information could include, but is not limited to, the user ID associated with your account (for example, your Facebook User ID), an access token necessary to access that service, any information that you have permitted the third party to share with us, and any information you have made public in connection with that service. If you allow us access to your friends’ list, your friends’ user IDs, and your connection to those friends, may be used and stored. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Real Mentors Network. You may also unlink your third party account from Real Mentors Network by adjusting your settings on the third party service. If you unlink your third party account, we will remove the information collected about you in connection with that service. We may also request and collect information about you from third parties such as teachers, schools, and other referral sources, providers of background check services, billing and credit agencies, and other third parties.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
When you visit our Site, we may collect and use personally identifiable information about you as well as other information. “Personally identifiable information” may include your name, address, email address, and other similar information that can be used to identify you. The information that we receive about you depends on what you do when you visit our Site.
All submitted information is used only for the express purposes for which it is intended, and is not made available to any third party, unless we are required by law, by contract, or by grant requirements. We never collect information or create individual profiles for commercial marketing. However, when you join an online community and participate in online discussions, your name and other personal information you provide (except e-mail) are viewable by anyone visiting such online communities or discussions, unless you choose not to share this information with the public on your user profile page.
Additionally, we may collect the following information from our Site’s users:
- Details of Site usage information: We collect this information to statistically analyze and track operational problems, prevent fraud, and improve the effectiveness, security, and integrity of the Site. This information does not identify you personally and we do not use this information to track or record information about individuals. For each page that you visit, we collect and store only the following technical information:
- Date and time of access
- URL address of the Site or webpage visited
- Internet domain and the IP address from which our Site was accessed
- Type of browser and operating system used to access our Site (if provided by the browser)
- URL address of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
- Completion or success status of the request for a webpage or other online item
- File size of the webpage visited
- If you request to view a workshop, webinar, or other events on our Site: We receive your name, email address, and city and state when you submit your registration. We also receive any other personal information that you provide in the text of your registration.
We use your name and email address to respond to send you additional information about Real Mentors and other events and opportunities that may interest you. We use your zip code to identify the general area in which you live so that we can monitor the geographical scope and impact of our services.
- If you request online mentoring: We receive your name, email address, and zip code when you submit your request. We also receive any other personal information that you provide in the text of your email request.
We use your name and email address to respond to your request for business mentoring. We use your zip code to identify the general area in which you live so that we can monitor the geographical scope and impact of our services and also so that we can provide mentoring appropriate for your location. The Real Mentors Network mentor that receives your email request will have access to other personal information that you provide in the text of your email request. The Real Mentors Network mentor will keep this information confidential but may consult with other Real Mentors Network mentors about your situation in order to better serve you.
- If you submit a testimonial or success story: We receive your name, place of business, and email address as well as the information that you submit (your testimonial or success story).
At our discretion, we may display on our Site your testimonial or success story, including personal information that you provide as part of your testimonial submission.
- Information you submit through interactive forms including personally identifiable information: We collect all personal and business information (including financial information) that you provide to us through interactive forms, including your application.
In addition, we may use the information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with information and services you request, to tell you about other products and services, and to give you a customized interactive experience as you use our products.
- For support, to develop new features, and to improve the overall quality of our products and services.
- To show you a history of your activity, to provide you with statistics about you or your use of our product or service, or to provide you with a better user experience.
- To summarize information about you, in a way that does not identify you personally, and combine it with other information to understand how our products are used, to deliver products and services, and to help us develop new products and services.
- To permit service companies to help provide you products and services; these service companies are not permitted to use your information for their own purposes.
Uses and Disclosures to Comply with Laws
In addition, where permitted by applicable law, we use and disclose Personal Information collected through the Real Mentors Network Websites as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (i) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (ii) to comply with legal process; (iii) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (iv) to enforce our terms and conditions; (v) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (vi) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (vii) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Real Mentors Network uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. However, you should understand that no transmission over the Internet is ever fully secure. Thus, Real Mentors Network cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Real Mentors Network and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Real Mentors Network makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Preferences, Permission, Opt-out
Registered users can update their profile information with Real Mentors Network by visiting RealMentors.Net. You can unsubscribe from certain emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link they contain. You can opt-out of the use of certain cookie-related processing by following the instructions with your browser settings.
If you wish to be excluded from marketing by Real Mentors Network via mail, e-mail, phone, please contact us at email@example.com.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
Your Rights under the CCPA
- The right to notice. You must be properly notified which categories of Personal Data are being collected and the purposes for which the Personal Data is being used.
- The right to access / the right to request. The CCPA permits You to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of Your Personal Data that has been collected in the past 12 months by the Company or its subsidiaries to a third-party for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
- The right to say no to the sale of Personal Data. You also have the right to ask the Company not to sell Your Personal Data to third parties. You can submit such a request by visiting our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” section or web page.
- The right to know about Your Personal Data. You have the right to request and obtain from the Company information regarding the disclosure of the following:
- The categories of Personal Data collected
- The sources from which the Personal Data was collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Data
- Categories of third parties with whom We share Personal Data
- The specific pieces of Personal Data we collected about You
- The right to delete Personal Data. You also have the right to request the deletion of Your Personal Data that have been collected in the past 12 months.
- The right not to be discriminated against. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of Your Consumer’s rights, including by:
- Denying goods or services to You
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to You
- Suggesting that You will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your CCPA Data Protection Rights
In order to exercise any of Your rights under the CCPA, and if you are a California resident, You can email or call us or visit our “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” section or web page.
The Company will disclose and deliver the required information free of charge within 45 days of receiving Your verifiable request. The time period to provide the required information may be extended once by an additional 45 days when reasonable necessary and with prior notice.
Our Site is hosted and operated in the United States (“US”). By using the Site, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to the US. If you are accessing our Site from outside the US, please be advised that US law may not offer the same privacy protections as the law of your jurisdiction.
- Request access to Your Personal Data. The right to access, update or delete the information We have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of Your Personal Data directly within Your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact Us to assist You. This also enables You to receive a copy of the Personal Data We hold about You.
- Request correction of the Personal Data that We hold about You. You have the right to to have any incomplete or inaccurate information We hold about You corrected.
- Object to processing of Your Personal Data. This right exists where We are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for Our processing and there is something about Your particular situation, which makes You want to object to our processing of Your Personal Data on this ground. You also have the right to object where We are processing Your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of Your Personal Data. You have the right to request that we stop using the personal data we collect from you, stop transmitting it to third-party data processors, and erase it from our records and databases. In most cases, we will simply grant this request. In some limited circumstances, such as when we are contractually required to provide Services to you and need the personal information we have collected to do so, we may delay granting your request until such time as it is feasible for us to stop using your personal data and erase it. We may also deny your request if your personal data is the subject of a valid law enforcement request or preservation and/or disclosure of your personal data is required by law or by order of a court of law.You have the right to ask Us to delete or remove Personal Data when there is no good reason for Us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of Your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party You have chosen, Your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which You initially provided consent for Us to use or where We used the information to perform a contract with You.
- Withdraw Your consent. You have the right to withdraw Your consent on using your Personal Data. If You withdraw Your consent, We may not be able to provide You with access to certain specific functionalities of the Service.
- Right to Restrict Data Processing. You have the right, in any of the following circumstances, to request that all processing of your personal data be stopped:
- you wish to contest the accuracy of your personal data, in which case, we will suspend processing of your personal data for a period while we verify its accuracy;
- you believe the processing of your personal data is unlawful but you oppose the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of its use instead;
- you believe we no longer need your personal data for our business purposes, but the personal data must be preserved for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or
- you have objected to our continued processing pursuant to Article 21 of the GDPR, in which case we will suspend processing of your personal data unless our legitimate need to continue processing it overrides your objection.
- Right to Reject Automated Individual Decision-Making. You have the right to refuse the automated processing of your personal data to make decisions about you if such decisions significantly affect you or produce legal effects concerning you.
Contact, Questions, Comments, Complaints